Physician, Medical Oncology/ Hematology Oncology
Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo
Ascension Borgess Hospital is looking to add a FULL-TIME Medical/Hematology Oncologist to their well-established team in Kalamazoo, MI.
Why Join Our Team
About Ascension Borgess Hospital
- As a member of Ascension Borgess Hospital, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center, and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424-bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health, and neuroscience programs.
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline
- It is an important destination for business, education, and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with up to 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. (Including U of M & MSU)
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training, and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Borgess Hospital has a compassionate, personalized approach to oncology care.
- Full Time, Permanant Hire
- Clinic is open Monday – Friday (flexible weekly schedule available)
- Possible travel included to outlying clinics (as discussed)
- Opportunity to subspecialize in GI, head neck, breast, or other.
- Strong referral base and collaboration with Ascension and local private family and internal medicine providers.
- Stong support from other hospital specialists such as palliative care, surgery, cardiology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, and more! We have a state of the art Cardiac Oncololgy Program!
- Our physicians enjoy a collaborative work environment, a lucrative compensation package, and excellent work/life balance.
- Join a team of 4 medical oncologists, 4 advanced practice providers, nurse navigators, other support staff including; social work, survivorship, palliative care, and genetic counseling.
- 14 - 16 pts/ day (average)
- Each physician has a dedicated RN, MA, and Advanced Practice Provider (APP) support
- Cerner EMR/ Dragon Dictation
- BRAND NEW INFUSION CENTER! with 33 infusion bays, 5 private infusion rooms, and 35 exam rooms.
This is a hospital employed position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Teaching and research opportunities are available through the Western Michigan University, Homer Stryker, M.D. School of Medicine.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending, and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff, and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited fellowship in medical oncology or an integrated fellowship in hematology/medical oncology.
Current subspecialty certification or active participation in the examination process with achievement of subspecialty certification in oncology or dual certification in hematology and medical oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine or subspecialty certification in oncology by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine with five (5) years of completion of formal training when time frames are not mandated by the specialty board.
Required Current Experience: Provision of Oncology services for at least 50 oncology patients during the past 12 months or successful completion of an ACGME or AOA residency or clinical fellowship within the past 12 months.
Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentialing done by Medical Staff department.
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
1-2 years preferred, New Graduates welcomed.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Report Broken Links
Have you encountered a problem with a URL (link) on this page not working or displaying an error message? Help us fix it!