Official Status Update: USP Compounding General Chapters <795>, <797>, <800>, and <825>
We wish to inform you of the following chapter updates as of November 1, 2023:
- USP General Chapters <795> and <797> will become official.
- Note: To view the version of <795> that becomes official on November 1, 2023, please click here.
- Note: To view the version of <797> that becomes official on November 1, 2023, please click here.
- USP General Chapters <800> and <825>, which became official on December 1, 2019, will now become compendially applicable for entities that are required to implement <795> and <797>.
About the Official Status:
The revisions to <795> and <797> reflect advancements in science and practice to help ensure quality compounded preparations, promote public health, and protect patients and healthcare workers. The standards also incorporate extensive stakeholder feedback.
How to Access USP Compounding Chapters:
- USP Compounding Compendium: A subset of the USP-NF, providing access to Compounding Chapters and Monographs
FAQs for each USP General Chapter:
We encourage you to share the information in this email with your colleagues and others interested in ensuring quality compounded preparations and the safety of healthcare staff.
Stay informed on USP Compounding Standards and associated initiatives and educational materials by signing up for USP Healthcare Quality and Safety updates.
For any technical questions, please email CompoundingSL@USP.org.
Report Broken Links
Have you encountered a problem with a URL (link) on this page not working or displaying an error message? Help us fix it!